Monday, November 4, 2013

Now & Then: twentysix-teen. Or in this case 25 & 18.



At 18 years of age I began to earn my own income, working full time in administration for a government organisation.
It wasn't a lot of money (Quite possibly $5 per hour, which is now illegal in Australia) but for an 18 year old who lived at home, and had no expenses the $250 in my account every fortnight meant a new lease on life.
Parties, Alcohol and a new dress every weekend!
So that was where my money was spent for the first 4 months of working life, general pants co of all places, buying whatever I could afford to look "On trend" and out of the tom boy stigma that as a sports focused teenager, I had led myself to believe.

It wasn't until my boss, a fashion teacher herself suggested the notion of going to the opportunity shop, which was conveniently located next door to our office.  It wasn't long til I had my Aunty sewing my $1-2 dollar purchases, people asking where I shopped and I really began to discover and express my personal style.
Some of those Items I still Have and wear to this very day.

Looking through files on my computer recently I came across this image of me "Modelling" an outfit we had styled for a little business idea we had for a vintage clothing store on ebay.
We drank beer, listened to music and even got her boyfriend involved. I still to this day regret selling that T-shirt.
I still have the denim shorts, and my wooden carved pelican earrings and funnily enough my style seems to have come full circle, even the poses are quite similar.

So I present to you, myself at age 18 and 25.




XO


2 comments:

  1. Cute story.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tra x
      I find it hilarious that my style has gone back to where i started, ^.^ 8 years is a long time.
      xo

      Delete